Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009!

What a year 2008 has been! And what a year 2009 will be! I'm so excited to see all of the great things to come, and watch my family grow.

We had a great Christmas. Miss Addy got a boatload of stuff, including clothes, books, toys...all of which I have no room for in my tiny apartment. Mom and Dad didn't do so shabby either. I got a new purse =) We went to Fall Creek Falls, TN which is a state park. His family gets together every other year and has a reunion. It was nice seeing them again. Unfortunately his grandma Sally passed away this year. She was very much missed. I thought about her often. Grandad seems to be doing well. He seemed very happy to be around his loved ones. He especially enjoyed meeting his great grandson and great granddaughter.

Unfortunately Addison has come down with a cold. It is the same cold that our cousins child Selah had, which was passed onto our nephew Agustin. It thankfully is a no-fever cold...but still nagging and bothersome to say the least. I hope she can get over it soon, and that Preston and I will not catch it. Neither of us have gotten a flu shot at this point, and I'm hoping we can avoid catching a cold til at least mid January when we can get the shots. We were able to see the doctor at the very last minute. They basically kept the office open for us as we pretty much made a last ditch effort to see the dr. They only were open 1/2 day today due to the holiday...She is now 12lbs 1oz!

Tonight was uneventful but relaxing. We put the baby to bed around 10pm, we ate dinner and watched The Fugitive. I'd never seen it before. Definately a good movie!

I will be working on a few things tomorrow: cleaning the apartment, and starting the list of goals for 2009 for myself and my family. This is something that I've started to do every year. Some are met, others not so much, but they are a good reminder that we can always better ourselves in some way and improve. If anything, they are a momento in remembering the year before!

Time for bed now.

No comments: