Friday, January 23, 2009

A necessary evil

I know I have to work...right now I have to...but I wish I didn't. I can't help but get jealous over the time her Nana and Dad (even if it is off and on) get to spend with her during the day. Don't get me wrong, I am SO thankful that we are blessed to have Grandma watching her! But the little things she does that I don't get to see...sure, it's hard.



I missed her a lot this week. I really only get to see her for a couple of hours when I get home, and when part of that time is feeding, it doesn't leave a whole lot of time for her and I. We have her on a rough routine of getting to bed between 8pm-9pm, and she will sleep for about 6-7 hours. It seems less to me...because I don't go to bed until 12. It's so difficult to balance baby and everything else.



One of the "everything else" is my diet/exercise. I have to get a handle on this. I think we'll go to the park tomorrow after work. It is supposed to be a high of 62. This after 2 weeks of bitter cold. I'll bet that I still have ice on my windshield tomorrow.



Ah well, time for bed.

2 comments:

Superval said...

I totally know how you feel. Scott gets done work at 130 or 2 everyday so he has lots of time to spend with the kids. I dont get home till almost 5 and then after cooking dinner, ect it seems like i have no time with the kids either :( . There's no way I can quit I'm the one with the family health insurance.

Move back home. We'll start a daycare, you, me, stef, and colleen we'd make a killing and get to spend all day with our kids :) No matter what the economey is people always need a daycare!

Lynette said...

Hi there - thanks for becoming a follower to my blog!! I was reading through some of your older posts and your little Addy is a cutie! My Meghan is 18 now (soon to be 19) and I can remember vividly all the same things you are going through - except I was a single mom for about 12 years!! (My ex decided he didn't want to be married after we found I was preggers!) Anyway, enjoy all those little moments with your girl, even if its a couple of minutes or a couple of hours!!
I look forward to getting to know you better - drop in anytime!!