Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to work

Got my things packed and ready the night before. Lunch, snacks...massive amount of snacks because of the hunger pumping leaves me in. Got up at 6am. Fed her, pumped, showered, out the door at 7:40 am...even arrived a little early (not-typical!) I was fine. She was sleeping when I left which I think definately helped the transition. I forced myself to not think about her. Then got a call from Preston on the way there. I broke down. Calmed myself before coming into the office. I was good the whole day...even when he called to give me an update letting me know she was ok with her Nana (his Mom). I got into my truck with a sense of excitement and urgency. Pulled out of the parking lot, then came the waterworks.

I cried hysterically the whole way home, yet was still very excited. I drove about 45-50 the whole way...all in 35mph zones. I have a lead foot anyway. I got it together and walked up to the apartment and came in to her sleeping on Nana. I said immediately, "I have to hold her!". I picked her up...crying again.

All in all a good day. Today is better. It is the only way to get through is to put up a virtual wall. I of course WANT to know how she is doing...but I think for this week I'll just ESP her and just KNOW she is ok. :)

Mom called last night to check to see how my 1st day back was. That was nice. She also told me that my cousin got married. And that they are pregnant. I think the kid needs a talking to about birth control. (He has another child not 2 years old...) Oh well. I hope they live long and happy lives together.

I'm at work right now...guess the wall went down a little today. Ah well, back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok so apparently the first commment i left didn't post. Oh well.. so anyways I was wondering on how you did the first day back. It's sooo hard to leave them for the first few days isn't it? For both Luke & Anna leaving them, even though it was with my mom, was hard. But now Luke just loves to see Aunt Stef, Grandma, and his babysitters (probably cause they have kids he can play with). He doesn't care when i leave now. But at least he still gives me a kiss goodbye. Love ya!