Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sugar sugar

Had to get up bright and early Thursday for my appointment. They started at 8am, so it was pretty much the same as any other day during the week. Roll out of bed at 7, and hurry to get ready. Got there a couple minutes early (gasp), signed in and sat down. Another woman came in obviously PG, said her OB (like mine) had told her that she just needed to come in w/out calling. She had no lab orders, and they told her she was SOL. I felt bad, but at the same time not so much. I did my homework honey.

They took my blood a total of 4 times. The first time at 8:17, then I had to drink the lovely tasting concoction...flat orange soda that tastes 10x sweeter than normal. They gave me 5 minutes to finish it but I downed it in under a minute. Why nurse it??! After that, every hour on the hour.

I look like I shoot up. The areas where they poked me (in both arms) are all black and blue. My veins kept collapsing (that makes you feel healthy...having collapsing veins) so they had to dig around quite a bit and break out the butterfly needle.

I had 2 different nurses pulling blood. The 3rd draw one of them yanked the tape right off. I told her she almost got slapped. She laughed.
The 4th and final time her friend pulled my blood, she used alcohol wipes to ease the tape off. I thanked her for that and said co-worker wasn't as nice. She hollered to her and teased her for doing that.

She said she was sorry and said to me "At least you're nice, we get some people in here that are just miserable" and walked out of the room.

Nurse said, "you'll have a nice, good tempered baby" (this made me LOL inside)

I replied "don't be fooled, I'm usually a bitch!". She was rolling.

Hey... just being honest.

Finally got out of there and headed to work. Made a stop at Taco Bell. P loves the fact I am feeding our child grade K beef. He doesn't understand why I would rather eat that than authentic Mexican (since I got PG, going into most Mexican joints makes me nausiated, especially if I think about the one food there that starts with an "E"...yeah, just gagged).

Work went by fairly quickly, knock on wood. It felt good walking out of there knowing I had today off.

No comments: