Saturday, November 22, 2008

Amazing


She is amazing! She changes and grows every day...she is 2 weeks old today. This past week, she showed me how smart she already is. She is mocking me when I stick my tongue out at her. She feels like she has gained at least a pound. We have our 2nd pediatrician appointment Monday morning with Dr. R, so we'll see how she is doing then!

Breastfeeding is going pretty well, however, I am feeling quite anxious about how BF will go down once I am at work. I was so worked up about it last night I tried to discuss it with Preston...at midnight..lol. It didn't really take. There is no doubt I will have to buy/rent an electric pump. I have a single manual pump and that is tiring! I was able to freeze my first bag of milk though. I think I got about 4 oz in total. I was quite proud of myself...Don't have much else to be proud about these days besides the baby so give me a break! =)

I am very much looking forward to the holidays. T-day is next week and we'll go about 1 1/2 hour north of Atlanta to his Moms side of the family as we do every year. There are at least 50+ people and they have a very nice spread of food. The only downfall, no leftovers. I think one year I made our own T-day dinner afterwards or the day after...I need my leftovers. We'll just have to see.

This week has been much better. My Mom stayed with us for a month...something that we will not do again. It was by far the most stressful week in our almost 8 year relationship. We've never had this much tension on us before. I plan on writing my mother a letter, because there is just too much to fit into a phone conversation and she needs to know how I/we feel. She unfortunately has a substance problem. She has health issues and while these are prescribed meds, they are over done. I worry that she (combined with smoking/drinking/not eating healthy) will pass younger than she should. I am just sorry that my husband and our relationship was put through this, but that which does not kill us makes us stronger.

There is the baby. I'm off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave up checking your blog for a while! lol im glad you finally started writting again. Addison is beautiful and babies truely are blessings!! I wouldn't trade mine for all the money in the world, and right now i could use some.. lol. I can't wait to hold Addison myself. Whenever you get up here there's always a place for you guys at my house if you need it. Love ya!!

Milo!BadKitty! said...

She's so beautiful!

Sorry about your mom. I know how you feel (a little) b/c i felt the same way when Mike's mom was here for 3 months.

You're right, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!